The purpose of Mil-GUARD is to protect binaries by using obfuscation, tamper-proofing and anti-debugging methods. When firewall, IPS/IDS, or antivirus applications are bypassed; these protection measures are the last resort in the security of an executable program.
- Protection is applied to binary codes, therefore source code or developer collaboration is not required.
- Obfuscation mitigates reverse-engineering attacks and protects intellectual property by ‘confusing’ the code
- Tamper-proofing validates the behavioral integrity of the binary and mitigates malicious modifications
- Anti-Debug detects dynamic analysis attempts and the presence of a debugger to secure the dynamic state of the program
- Compatible with major C/C++ compilers on both Linux 32-64 bit and Windows 32-64 bit